Is there such a thing? Yes in fact! They are foods that turn up the body’s ability to burn fat instead of store it.
- Green Tea: Not news. Yes, it helps. How? The crucial compound for weight loss in green tea is EGCG (Epigallocatechin gallate), a substance that can boost metabolism
- Grapefruit: Your grandma may have told you this. Yes, it helps. Grapefruit helps lower insulin levels, curbs cravings and causes modest weight loss. Eat the fruit not the juice. Commercially available grapefruit juice often contains added sugar which cancels out the weight loss effect.
- Lemons: Similar to grapefruit, lemons help curb cravings
- Bok Choy: aka Chinese cabbage. It contains compounds called indoles and isothiocyanates (anti-inflammatory compounds) that may lower risk of CANCER and also help weight loss. Bok choy is rich in vitamins and minerals but low in calories.
- Vinegar: I am a huge proponent of the ACV regimen. 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar (I use Bragg’s) in 10 ounces of water. Repeat 3 times per day before each meal. Acetic acid, the main component in vinegar, may interfere with the body’s ability to digest starch. ACV helps reduce cravings, helps you feel fuller longer!